Friday, January 29, 2010

3:30am update...

First, yes I know I should be sleeping. However, the nurse just left and RT will be here soon, and in the morning the visits will be a blur. So, just a short and quick update. RT Casey came in at 12:30 to check on the bear. She was a bit wheezy in the right lung (same as she has been), so she got an albuterol treatment and has been sleeping soundly since. At the same time, she bumped her O2 levels from .2L to.1L, so almost completely room air. She's been holding her O2 levels nicely since. Right now, they're 96%. For the record, I will be soooo happy when I'm not obsessing over monitors. I think I look at that monitor 5-6 times per minute (at least). Anyway, she's doing well - temp at 12:30 was 98.1. Perfect! She also had a mini nursing session around 1:30 and a pretty good one just a few minutes ago. We should have preliminary blood culture results in the morning, so fingers crossed that there's no bacteria growing. Oh, and we got a solid 2 hours with her awake last night, just what Mike and I needed from her. We were able to play and cuddle with her.

3 comments:

  1. Kelly aka "The Godfather"January 29, 2010 at 4:06 AM

    Yay Laney!!!! Keep fighting girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the good fight Laney! Can't wait to hear that you are busting out of the hospital and going home!

    ReplyDelete