Friday, January 29, 2010

Big update - lots of good news




Sorry it took me so long to update -- I really was afraid to jinx anything. Delaney has been off of oxygen for 1 hour, 45 minutes at this point and kept her saturation levels good while sleeping. Now that she's awake, they're great! She's still mad at the nasal canula as they left it just incase. I think that I will ask them to remove it in the near future as it seems to be aggravating her.




It is now 11:19am, in just 11 minutes, it will have been 11 hours since her last albuterol treatment. This is GREAT news!!! She's not made it longer than 6 prior to today.




Her preliminary blood culture results are in and --- drumroll please --- NO BACTERIA GROWTH!!!




Now for the best part - and I need lots of good thought, prayers, vibes, whatever it is that you do. As long as Laney stays off O2 today and does well with it, we have a good chance of going home tomorrow!! The hospital's pre-discharge person came in this morning even, so I'm staying cautiously optomistic!!! I can't wait to be reunited with the boys :).




Bottom line - today is going to be a good day - I can feel it!!!

5 comments:

  1. AWESOME NEWS!!!!

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! We love you guys!! Mom and Dad B

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so great! I'm thinking about you guys and hope things keep getting better and better! -- Maria

    ReplyDelete